Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Hardrock. I want to put Toyo MT 35/12.50/17's on it as well as a Metalcloak 2.5" lift.
My question is that once I put the lift on will the Toyo's it the rear factory rock rail that extends into the rear tire well?
Could anyone running this setup give me a little insight? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,082 Posts
it will be close. I have 2.5" RK and toyo 35's at2's and I trimmed an 1.5" off the rubi rails. it might not have hit but it was close enough I threw it on the band saw and cut it down.

·
Super Moderator
22,082 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a 2015 Hardrock. I want to put Toyo MT 35/12.50/17's on it as well as a Metalcloak 2.5" lift.
My question is that once I put the lift on will the Toyo's it the rear factory rock rail that extends into the rear tire well?
Could anyone running this setup give me a little insight? Thanks
Our x-factor kits move the rear axle back an 1" to give you more tire clearance in just that spot. Typically if the kit does not move the axle back then you will have to trim.

RK

JADMT, Which kit do you have?

·
Super Moderator
22,082 Posts
Our x-factor kits move the rear axle back an 1" to give you more tire clearance in just that spot. Typically if the kit does not move the axle back then you will have to trim.

RK

JADMT, Which kit do you have?
the stock mod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2015 jkur and a 2.5 Metalcloak 2.5 dual rate arb kit (only front upper arms) and 35 Toyo MTs and cut the rails.

View attachment 2007593
Thanks for the info.....just how much trouble is it to cut the rails. Do you have the oem rails that came with it? If I don't cut them will it rub or just be real close to rubbing?....(sorry for all the questions, I'm a newb.)

·
Super Moderator
22,082 Posts
it is easy to cut make sure you take care with the end cap as it has a fir tree fastener holding it on. I pulled it out and then glued it back in.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Super easy to remove and cut. I also just put some gorilla glue on the end caps and popped them back in. No issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts