Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will adding a leveling kit/lift kit, new bumpers or even different size wheels and tires negate the warranty of your jeep?

·
Super Moderator
23,483 Posts
Will adding a leveling kit/lift kit, new bumpers or even different size wheels and tires negate the warranty of your jeep?
depends. If you put on 35" tires and your axles or brakes fail they could be denied but if your radio goes kaput or your top leaks they should be covered. If you put on a lift and your drive line craps out they can deny coverage but totally dependent on your dealer.

·
Super Moderator
23,483 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not unless the mods were the direct cause of whatever issue occurred.

Magnusson-Moss Act (double check that spelling).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my future mods

all i plan to do is add a 2" leveling kit/lift, 33" tires and eventually different bumpers. so i assume any engine, transmission, electrical, leaks, etc. problems should be covered and that they can't void the entire warranty.

·
Super Moderator
23,483 Posts
all i plan to do is add a 2" leveling kit/lift, 33" tires and eventually different bumpers. so i assume any engine, transmission, electrical, leaks, etc. problems should be covered and that they can't void the entire warranty.
I suppose if they wanted to they could say the larger tires caused the tranny to fail or put undue stress on the engine. Read these forums enough you read all kinds of things that seem stranger then fiction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts