Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting a winch, better to have and not need than to need and not have! Going with the Quadratec Q11000. I had ordered the RockHard stock bumber mounting plate and hoop. Just found out that the RockHard stuff is back ordered. Lil ticked that their online ordering system does not check on hand quantity BEFORE checkout. For some reason there is 2 listings with different part numbers but the listing is the same. Now I get to call them and see if they have that or the e Westin mount in stock. So the lesson here boys & girls is to forego the online ordering and make the phone call when dealing with Quadratec. Don't get me wrong, they are great, but need a lil improvement.

Installation pics will be coming when the stuff gets here........

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got off the phone. The salesguy didnt know why they had 2 part numbers for the same thing, but the did have the other bumper winch mount in stock and think that they will be able to get out the door today. I wound up cancelling the hoop. What is weird is that they are sending each of the 3 items separately. The mount and winch I can understand, but why not stick the winch cover in the same box as the winch?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They don't want to break the seal on the box is my guess. Post up pic's when you get them.
At first I would think that they would be putting the winch and the cover boxes in a single bigger box. The Winch is coming FedEx ground where the cover and the mount are coming FedEx SmartPost which it means that FedEx to the local post for delivery. The Winch is at FedEx (Reno) and expected to be delivered Tuesday Feb 3. What stinks is that I work Weds - Sat and it will have to wait until Sunday Feb 8 because the mounting plate hasn't been picked up yet by FedEx

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put in a yellow top. Kinda a pain, had to free up the battery cables because the terminals are more outboard.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prepping winch for install next weekend.

Mount comes in tomorrow Mocking it up

Looks like I will have to get longer leads.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some longer cables and think now it might work without having to extend. Sucky part is that the legs for the mount go inbetween the rails instead of the outside. Goodbye to the front hitch. Now that I have to take off the hitch, probably just wait until Sunday on my day off.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice install
Thanks!

Finished it up today. Had to finish bolting up the bumper and putting on the cable wraps. I was going to use zip ties to secure the power cable to the frame, but I remember my days in the military fling on the militarized 747. They used wax string to tie the wiring bundles up. With the brittleness of the plastic ties, I used thin nylon rope, should last longer. Today I should get better pics using the Nikon DSLR .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts