Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Willys and I'm thinking about using the factory wheels with 35's on them. Looking for some pics to see how others look.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Just for FYI, stock rims are 7.5" and most 35 recommend 8" and up. Some/most tires shops won't mount them for liability reasons. Plenty people here have done it, and I can't recall anyone having any issues.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here’s mine with Falken Wildpeak AT3 35s and 2.5” budget boost. It fits fine, but I want to bump up to a little bigger lift for a more aggressive look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just for FYI, stock rims are 7.5" and most 35 recommend 8" and up. Some/most tires shops won't mount them for liability reasons. Plenty people here have done it, and I can't recall anyone having any issues.
We had this discussion when I had mine mounted and they measured them before putting them on. They measured wider than 7.5 so the shop mounted them with a small hesitation. They came back and said they didn’t have any trouble at all. I am guessing a Discount Tire or chain would give you more trouble than a local shop.

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,263 Posts
You can also get the new Satin Black Quadratec Hard Rock wheels which look very similar to the Willys wheels but are 17x8.5 with 5.2 backspace.

I added the Jeep center caps and white Willys decals....

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
I plan on doing this as well but probably a slightly smaller tire. There are no wheels I like any better than the stock willys (except those Hard Rocks for larger tires because thats a smart way to go).

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,057 Posts
Here’s a pic of mine with 285/75-17 (34” x 10.5”) Nitto Ridge Grapplers on OEM Willys Wheeler wheels (yes, on a Hard Rock). They’re aired down to 15psi in this pic. The 34” tire fits this wheel just fine, but I was running 1.5” wheels spacers to avoid any rubbing. This is also with a 2” Rancho Lift.

Attachments

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,263 Posts
Here’s a pic of mine with 285/75-17 (34” x 10.5”) Nitto Ridge Grapplers on OEM Willys Wheeler wheels (yes, on a Hard Rock). They’re aired down to 15psi in this pic. The 34” tire fits this wheel just fine, but I was running 1.5” wheels spacers to avoid any rubbing. This is also with a 2” Rancho Lift.
Does that tire measure 34 on the vehicle?

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,057 Posts
Does that tire measure 34 on the vehicle?
No, I think I measured them at 33" or 33.25"....something like that. that's with 33psi. Tire size is 285/75-17, but it says 34x10.50 on the sidewall as well. I'd measure again for you today, but my JKU has been at the dealership for the past few days waiting on an axle seal repair.
The 285/75 Ridge Grapplers are larger than others that size. I was torn between the Ridge Grapplers and the KO2. KO2 wasn't available in that size at the time; it is now though, but I read they run smaller (as KO2's do).

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,057 Posts
Tire size is 285/75-17, but it says 34x10.50 on the sidewall as well.
Can't seem to edit this post so I'll quote it.
Tire size is 285/75-17 and it also says 34x11.50 on the sidewall (not 10.50 as I mistakenly stated). Don't want any fake news out there regarding the width of Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here's my Willys in phase 1 with stock wheels, 3.5" RockKrawler lift, 35x12.50x17 tires, and 1.5" Spidertrax hubcentric and wheelcentric spacers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all, new to the JK world and am thinking about larger tires so my flat flares won’t make it look like my Jeep skipped leg day... Right now I have stock Willy’s wheels and tires on my Sport. For budgetary reasons I am looking to see if it is okay to mount 35’s on the stock wheels. Also, since it’s a Sport and not a Willy’s, is it able to handle 35’s stock? Sorry stupid questions, thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmm...didn't think about putting on larger tires. Sure it would look a little meaner, but wouldn't it mess with the speedometer reading?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts