Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Ex trucker
1,238 Posts
The Smittybilt has a bad reputation on this site, but I've been using one for two years and haven't had any trouble with it. In my opinion its not a bad winch for occasional use.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Smittybilt has a bad reputation on this site, but I've been using one for two years and haven't had any trouble with it. In my opinion its not a bad winch for occasional use.
I agree. Its like the WARN users look down on Smittybilts like Jeeps do Hummers. My XRC10 has been dropped, ran into a few trees, submerged and overloaded. It just wont quit! :punk:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Check the vendor forum a special deal we're running on the Superwinch LP8500 for $319 shipped. However, if you're looking into a XRC8, we're getting ready to offer a special deal on that with a free winch cover as well for around $299 shipped. Add in the cost of the winch cover and it beats the Amazon price.

The newer designed Smittybilt winches are a vast improvement from their old design and are much faster and more reliable.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Look around on CL and you might come across a Warn 8274 for around that much. They are bar none the best winch ever made and since they have been made for 40+ years, there are alot of used ones out there.
That's pretty much the pinnacle of winches in my opinion, however I've never seen one used that someone hasn't asked for my firstborn for. :banghead:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was just in the market for a winch like yourself and was considering a Smittybilt XRC-8, but that was until I saw one with the planetary gears tore up. I immediately canceled the order I placed for the XRC-8 and bought the Warn.

Here's a link, Suspension Lift Body Leveling Kits 4x4 Off-road Truck Jeep Chevy Ford Dodge, you can buy the Warn M8000 for $539 with free shipping.

I bought the M8000 with the wireless control for $599 (no shipping costs). If your budget can afford it I'd go with a Warn. When I'm in a bad spot and need something to work I know I can trust the Warn.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a mile marker. I didnt really shop around for it or anything i found one used at a local 4wd store in nc for 100$ its a sl12000 and its got me out of everything I ever been stuck in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts