Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at winches....steering towards the Warn M8000.

I don't intend to be a rock crawler...Mainly an adventurous forest service road runner.

Thoughts & recommendations?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I was looking at the new warn winch with the compressor sence I dont have onboard air..... I just dont know if there really worth all that money

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought the same thing. $600 for a winch or $1200 for the combo. Makes for a pricey compressor.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Thought the same thing. $600 for a winch or $1200 for the combo. Makes for a pricey compressor.
You are thinking about it wrong. With the Powerplant from Warn, you are getting a $1000 winch with a tremendous compressor, so it makes it more resonable.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If you can manage a Warn price-wise then they are a great logical choice.

However, if funds are tighter, a T-Max makes a great alternative. I SERIOUSLY considered getting one when I was buying mine (the non-integrated 9500 lb winch at that time), but I got a STEAL of a deal on the 9.5ti from Warn and my wife wanted me to have a name brand that I could trust, so I went with the Warn.

I've heard VERY good things about the TMax and talked to several owners, both in person and on various forums (JF and JU) and they've all been very happy with their winch selection.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You are thinking about it wrong. With the Powerplant from Warn, you are getting a $1000 winch with a tremendous compressor, so it makes it more resonable.
The pull rating is similar to the 9.5ti, so I would think this is a valid statement. The 9.5ti sells for about 950 or so, so it isn't too far out of line to say this.

We have a couple in our group running the Powerplant and they LOVE it.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Piece of advise...don't EBay from BD Performance. I just got burned from them.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
what about BullDog winches? I think they are better than MileMarker and T-Max for the same price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do my trail riding in forests also..might i recommend IF u have the money to get a winch with brackets/hardware that u can move/use the winch front or rear..

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
hmm
I heard that those are not that good, and that they rattle and stuff

idn, just what i heard, I would go w/ the sale on quadratec though, pretty good price for a M8000,

and if you dont already have a hi lift jack get one, in a pinch if you need to use a winch on the rear they can be used as a come along (hand winchish thingy)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts