Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick review rough country winch plate and smitty bilt XRC10 winch.
pretty simple install winch plate is well built pretty easy to install derections could be a little better. i found it was eisier to just remove the air dam. fit was good. winch was a breeze to install instructions were easy . I would recomend installing the ground wire and solenoid box before mounting.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can we get pictures of exactly what it bolts to?
the brackets are hidden by the bumper theres two that take the place of the factory tow hooks and two that bolt to the frame back twoards the grill then the winch plate bolts to those. pretty well thought out kit should be plenty stout.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
That looks like the same one as mine....Rough Country. Awesome winch mount plate and bolts to the factory bumper without any drilling or cutting. I'm super happy with mine so far. Recovered my neighbor's off road fork truck twice now. It weighs 15,000 lbs. Last time I fetched it out of the woods he was really dug in. I would say that the winch plate is pretty secure.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I got mine with the D ring accessory to replace my tow hooks for something to anchor to in the front.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A winch is like a hammer: if you have one everything looks like a nail. That's a sweet set up. I like the fact that you can just leave the stock bumper. I think it's a clean look.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you have to add a coil spacer on the jeep to offset it? I was told this is necessary for a winch...can someone shed some light on this please.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you have to add a coil spacer on the jeep to offset it? I was told this is necessary for a winch...can someone shed some light on this please.
not sure i've got the R/C 2.5 spacer lift on it. it may have dropped a little in the front but not enought to worry about

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I didn't notice any difference on bumper height. So, I haven't planned on any lift....yet. Maybe when I get the money to do bumpers.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts