Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking all sections of the internet to find the best deal on a winch.

Mostly interested in the Warn Zeon 10-S or the Smittybilt x20 12k-s.

Figured if I went with a Smitty, why not get the 12k over the 10k.

What I really want to know is - did you wait for a 'deal' or just go ahead and pick up the winch?

I plan on running the Mopar mounting plate and centering the winch on my hard rock bumpers.

On paper, the Warn Zeon wins every time - so If I am able to find a a good deal on it - that will make the decision on forking over twice as much as a Smitty much easier.

Where have you guys & gals had luck?

'17 Rubi Hard Rock Unlimited

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
798 Posts
When it comes to winch's - how often will you be using it? What is your reason for brand x over brand a? I would wait and find deals, unless you need it immediately.

Personally, I went with a Quadratec Stealth 9500si. Its a nice piece. I couldnt justify the cost of a Warn over it when I bought, plus I think Q was having a deal on their stealths.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I picked my Warn Zeon 10 @ Northridge 4x4. Add it to your cart apply coupon code and away you go.. Get your winch apply for the free 500 lb. drill winch and happy days it will be...GL

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have used my VR10000S more times than I can count as have several of my wheeling buddies and it has always been solid. I will say compared to the Warn zeon series it is slow. I have a couple of buddies who run the zeons and I am always amazed at how fast they are. Worth the extra money? Maybe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wait for the holidays, they are just around the corner. I picked up my warm 10s from 4WP last year during the Christmas sale. Plus I also got a $100 rebate from warn.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When it comes to winch's - how often will you be using it? What is your reason for brand x over brand a? I would wait and find deals, unless you need it immediately.

Personally, I went with a Quadratec Stealth 9500si. Its a nice piece. I couldnt justify the cost of a Warn over it when I bought, plus I think Q was having a deal on their stealths.

Hopefully I wont need it often, but if/when I do - will need to make sure it will operate as expected.

As far as brands go - Warn is known as the industry leader so they are an obvious choice to start with. The Smitty is nice with the wireless and water/dust proof ratings as well.

I did look at the Quadratec stealth's after seeing your post. They have a good 'look' to them. I am trying to stay as black as possible with the Jeep accessories, so that fits the look I have been building out. Will look into that winch more.

Thanks!
Jerry

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait till January. 4wp had a one day sale twice this year for the zeon 10s $899, but then again, it might not happen.

Nice... that is what I was looking for.

I've been on the lookout for the past few months... but haven't seen anything that made me buy.. A couple 10% off on Smitty on a few different sites, but not much on the Warn - other than the current drill winch deal.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait for the holidays, they are just around the corner. I picked up my warm 10s from 4WP last year during the Christmas sale. Plus I also got a $100 rebate from warn.

That's exactly what I think I'll be doing.

We all know the feeling... we get hooked on something and the Jeep mod desire grows and grows until we lay out the cash.

May transition to some Rigid Midnight edition LED cube lights and light bar now.... unless you also got a killer deal on those during the Christmas sale??

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nice... that is what I was looking for.

I've been on the lookout for the past few months... but haven't seen anything that made me buy.. A couple 10% off on Smitty on a few different sites, but not much on the Warn - other than the current drill winch deal.

Before they started tossing out the drill winches, which I've not come up with any use for, they were running a $200 rebate for quite a while.

I've wanted a Warn 9.5cti-s for a while now, and that puppy is never going to be cheap.

I see good things about the Superwinch units as well. They seemed to be priced pretty well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts