Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Didn't know where else to look I've tried googling but it doesn't really help for my case, I bought a Domin8r winch (4wdsupacentre) and it arrived in the mail 2 days ago, yesterday I finished wiring it up and thought let's see if it works, click click click, no action, the solenoid box is clicking, you can hear the relay, just nothing is happening? :atomic:
The winch is brand new so I doubt it's the problems I'm finding on the internet of seized/corroded/rusted parts so WHAT COULD IT BE!?!?!

Thanks to all who respond

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes haha, all wired up, clutch is in the engage position, everything is how it should be, it just doesn't reel, one person reckons change where I have the little earth wire located, I had the little one from the solenoid box to the winch, he reckons try connecting it to the bull bar instead of the winch, got a guy coming out this arvo to have a look too, how disappointing that it's brand new and this is what I get

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Dare I say it..........You should have gotten a Warn!:tomatoes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My old jeep had a warn @sined240 back when the zeon 10-s came out but I don't have the $2000 to do it again, @zamfield it came already reeled onto the winch so I doubt it's that @rcpd34 you reckon a bad solenoid already on a new item? that sucks

I forgot to mention when we tried it last night it did for a SPLIT SECOND reel, I heard it and saw it, wasn't much but I did see it move

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Typical bad solenoid.
My super winch is doing this as we speak. Replaced solenoid cause that's what everyone told me to do. Still doing nothing but clicking. Powers good, grounds good. Going to tear it apart more when I have time to make sure the motor or anything is frozen up

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I thought it would be obvious that they should be tested before replacement. How many did you replace ? how do you know which one/ ones to replace if you didn't test them first? I know you didn't test them(all 4 of them) because if you had tested them and found them good, you wouldn't have replaced them. I still say check your relay pack before moving on because if you know how to test them, it's free. All that being said, it is a new winch but, it is a Dominator winch, never heard of them a cheap Chinese winch I suspect so, who knows ? I do wonder where the op got the idea to buy such a winch. I'll buy a used Warn and rebuild it if I have to before buying most Chinese winches. Now you know why. Warn makes and sells parts for every winch they ever made.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I thought it would be obvious that they should be tested before replacement. How many did you replace ? how do you know which one/ ones to replace if you didn't test them first? I know you didn't test them(all 4 of them) because if you had tested them and found them good, you wouldn't have replaced them. I still say check your relay pack before moving on because if you know how to test them, it's free. All that being said, it is a new winch but, it is a Dominator winch, never heard of them a cheap Chinese winch I suspect so, who knows ? I do wonder where the op got the idea to buy such a winch. I'll buy a used Warn and rebuild it if I have to before buying most Chinese winches. Now you know why. Warn makes and sells parts for every winch they ever made.
I don't have 4 solenoids.... I am taking it apart to regrease and service and figured throw a new in while I'm at it. I've it submerged plenty of time so figured water got it in there. Yes I know how to test them. This is the full parts list for my winch. Not sure about his dominator or whatever that winch is, never heard of it

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The small wire is the ground for the relays. It needs to be a solid ground. You may need to put an eye on it and secure it to bare metal. Once the relays engage, the power is delivered to the winch motor. The clicking on a new winch sounds more like this.

Bob K.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@willysdave I'm from Australia and it's an Australian brand winch that's why you haven't heard of it. @nwbronco @Potatohead I currently have the small ground wire going to the winch body but I will take it off this afternoon and attach it to the bullbar or somewhere in the engine bay and try, I have done it tight, I did a voltmeter test and everywhere is getting power, I'm yet to try the jumper lead test to the in/out terminals but that's probably the next plan of attack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts