Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Warn 9000i winch. Seems to work OK. I cracked it open and it looked OK. Not dirty, not broken parts or rust. The wiring looks good, not cooked except the positive cable is a little sun damaged but not falling apart or anything. Finish is shot and needs to be redone. It does work, I checked.

I'm considering putting it on Craigslist along with the mounting plate off my old TJ and using the proceeds to get a Quadratec winch. I've got a couple of reasons:

1 - I'd get a new winch with a warranty without having to put a lot of work into it.

2 - I'm not to keen on refinishing the old one and I definitely don't want to rebuild it.

3 - I could probably get enough out of the winch and plate to buy a new Quadratec.

Is the 9000i so amazingly awesome that I should keep it? I'd probably be an occasional wincher...very occasional. I'd rather have a new one instead of the PO of the PO's problems but if its that wonderful of a winch, maybe I need to rethink. I guess I'm looking for a solid reason to not sell the old winch.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's National Winch Month :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, no one has rushed to defend my who knows how old Warn. I took pics and I'm putting it on Craiglist. If it doesn't sell, I'll refinish it and run it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The XD9000i cleans up easily and tucks nicely into the AEV tube or AEV tubeless premium bumpers. Hope someone with a newer JK chimes in. It fits the Call of Duty bumper as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,028 Posts
IMHO, keep the WARN..

Extremely reliable & you can easily get parts if needed (via WARN or NAPA).

Sure, you could go with the shiny option, but that's not what I would do...
x10 already have a great work horse that will keep on pulling.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's two already on Craiglist and one is a month old. I doubt it will sell. Probably because most off-roaders would rather just by a $299 Smitty or Qtech. Don't blame them. It's not going anywhere until I get a bumper and that's not happening since my leach field died and I'll probably have to drop ten grand on that before I do anything to the Jeep. Might as well refinish it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts