Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 2,000 pound winch pull my jeep out of hard spots or do i need to go higher.? i want somthing that i can just tie round a tree. i dont need it to pull others out.
any ideas yall?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Anthony said:
Will a 2,000 pound winch pull my jeep out of hard spots or do i need to go higher.? i want somthing that i can just tie round a tree. i dont need it to pull others out.
any ideas yall?
2k lbs winch is for ATVs dude.
Go much higher, go with a minimum of 8k lbs of dead weight single line pull.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, wow i was way off. thanks yall. i mean do you know any good ones for a reasonable prices?

·
Registered
106 Posts
To parrot the other 2 smart dudes, you couldnt pull your jeep out of a 2" deep mud puddle w/that winch. 8k is as small as I would go.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i mean i know nothing of winches. or what loads they can pull. so i figured i ask around. ive never had one.

·
JEEPER
915 Posts
Oh, wow i was way off. thanks yall. i mean do you know any good ones for a reasonable prices?
if your going to get a winch WARN is above all. i think its a little over $500

other ones to look at
milemarker
superwinch

stay away from smittybuilt. ( my opinion )
i have the smittybuilt xrc 10. i wish i would have gotten a warn 9.5

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off topic as hell. but i have a fire extiguisher.... wheere can i mout it in the YJ..

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Off topic as hell. but i have a fire extiguisher.... wheere can i mout it in the YJ..
anywhere you want to.
It's no Warn, but here's a Smittybilt 8000lb with the synthetic line for about the same price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
vertical roll bar right behind drivers seat, they make holders to strap to the roll bar and hold a fire extinguisher... with a winch the rule is you need at least 2 times the weight of the vehicle it will be used on

·
Registered
64 Posts
i got a 3000 pound winch it can pull me up hills but i got the winch for free and soon i am definatly gonna get a better winch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts