Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler X. I have an aftermarket stringer front bumper. It has the 4 holes in it for a Winch. I just bought a Warn VR-10000-s winch... how hard is it to install it or should I have it professionally done?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
(nice choice of winch)

Should be a 20 minute install moving slow.

Connect all of the solenoid cables. Leave battery + and - loose.
Remove the bumper.
Bolt the winch to the bumper.
Install bumper.
Run winch + and - to the battery and connect.
Done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i havent yet installed the winch but i guess im wondering something. the Stinger bumper i have was from 4wd.com it was around $700.00 and it said "no winch plate needed" its because there is 4 holes already drilled in the stinger bumper on the top. now i guess im wondering if it doesnt need a winch plate the how does the Fairlead attach? does it come with the bracket to attach the fairlead too?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
RubiCobra said:
You forgot one step in between Running the cables and done - Crack a beer, stand back, admire your handiwork.
What possible good can come from cracking a beer? Unless of course, you plan upon step # 4,, lifting your elbow... ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like you will need a Winch Fairlead Mount. Poison Spyder has one for 55, what type of cable are you going to use?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts