Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
cool, makes sure we get some pics of that build. I have been wanting to change my winch mount and I am looking for new ideas.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Rule of thumb, if they are fog lights, you want them mounted as close to the ground as possible withou being in harms way, such as on the top of the bumper. If they are driving lights, then you want them mounted as close to the height of the headlight as possible such as on a push bar or grille guard.

Fogs are designed to light the ground just in front of the vehicle, and driving are designed to light up the road ahead.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about insetting them in the bumper but there to big for that I'm going to have a little loop over the winch but don't want to mount them there I'm just going to have to get it built and see how it looks and where to put them they are like 10 times brighter then my headlights they may be driving lights

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went and got some metal today. Building the piece that is bolted to the frame first. Started drilling holes for everything. 42 dollars so far in metal.

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Compact car Floor

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Looking good I wish I had the talent. I am real good at remove and replace but the fabrication is something I need to work on.. Keep the pics coming I am watching and learning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts