Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I got the winch all mounted up, figured I would share a pic with you guys!!

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I like the eye lids lol, nice idea!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, stock bumper, and ya the eye lids look cool but now that the winch is mounted it looks like it has a mouth with a tongue sticking out lol, but thats just me.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and for the eye lids, I just taped off the pattern and sprayed it with rustoleum bedliner....no interference in the beams and the light kinda bleeds through at night.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Very nice! Does your winch plate also go under the tow hooks? I have a kc litebar that mounts under the towhooks but I walso want to mount my vr 12000 winch

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya the tow hooks sit on top of the plate.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks Good. How do you like the wireless remote on the RoughCountry winch?
You can clean up the look a bit by going to a steel hawse fairlead.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I havent used the winch too much, I just got back from trying to get stuck but failed. Anyways I used the winch just to get acquainted with it and the wireless remote is nice to have.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a hard time deciding which to get first, lift, wheels etc...I like my stock canyon rims, tires I got are in decent shape for a good while and I figured if I lifted it, I would only get brave and venture further and further, so a winch was my first choice. Glad I made the decision!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good to know. I've been looking at all kinds of aftermarket wheels and I've just about decided to powdercoat my factory wheels and put new tires on them and call it a day.

·
Registered
312 Posts
baker3 said:
I havent used the winch too much, I just got back from trying to get stuck but failed. Anyways I used the winch just to get acquainted with it and the wireless remote is nice to have.

A winch is like insurance. Good to have, but hope you won't need to use it :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...like my gun!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
What winch plate did you use? Flat or raised? How much room do you have between the wires in the back of the winch and the grill?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used roughcountry's flat tj plate. The wires are touching the grill but not too bad. I can snap some pics tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What's the difference between the rough country and warn winch plate? Besides the price. Going to do the same thing but with a grill guard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts