Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Rubicon hard rock. I need suggestions for a winch plate with the least modifications. The winch is a Smittybilt X20.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I used the one from Maximus 3 and had zero issues. No modifications needed. I mounted a warn vr winch but my understanding is that they are both small body winches so you shouldn’t have any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
I used the one from Maximus 3 and had zero issues. No modifications needed. I mounted a warn vr winch but my understanding is that they are both small body winches so you shouldn’t have any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also used the Maximus 3 winch plate with the hook trim plate for the Smittybilt X20 10K with no modifications. 10K winch fit without vacuum relocation.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Looks great. I saved your link to the winch plate. I have a '16 Rubicon Hard Rock and want to do the same thing. No relocation of the vacuum pump?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vacuum pump did not have to be relocated. The winch plate is a very tight fit. Had to pound it in with rubber mallet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How much clearance between the control box and gril? That winch with AEV bumper is REALLY tight / pushes against the grill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts