Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people probably would not want to but is there a way and would it be practical to mount a Ramsey or Warn winch to the stock bumper on a JK.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not gonna happen. There really is no way for it to happen. Once you take the stock bumper off, you will see why. Its AMAZING that they think noone will get killed with those stupid factory tow hooks. What engineer figured out that it would be safe to have a hook mounted forward of the load point??:confused: The load distributed on these hooks is a forward pull on 4 studs. These are the same 4 studs that hold on the front "Bumper", bumper support with the crush cans, and shims. Truely a scary design. There is not really a way to do like you could with a TJ and just mount a winch plate either, because there really is no cross bar that would be strong enough to support a pulling load.

Joe

·
Registered
339 Posts
warn makes a plate to mount a winch on the factory bumper but its around $300, for a little more you can get a new bumper

Have you actually seen how those things mount???? I dont know that I would trust my butt and New Jeep with the warn mounting plate. But, You are correct, They DO make one. I stand corrected.:D

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts