Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an integrated solenoid winch mounted on a Smittybilt front bumper? I am looking at purchasing a Q9500 for mine but I'm not sure if the top of the winch will hit the fog light tabs. The Quadratech rep wasn't quite sure, nor was the Smittybilt rep. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
What front bumper? they make a few. Im gonna guess your talking about the xrc bumper. The qtec winch doesnt look like it sits higher then the SB winch with control box over the motor. maybe hit up qtec for dimensions and i can measure my bumper. im pretty sure it will fit though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have an engo 9k winch and smittybuilt xrc. I had to grind down the corners of the light tabs for the top mounted solenoid box to fit. Also by thinner bolts for the fair lead because the winch is so wide.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up getting the Q9000, which I'm glad I did. The solenoid fits perfectly between the light tabs. The 9500 would have bumped them on the XRC bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts