Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just sold my stock tires and rims and I also plan on selling my 80Gb Ipod so I'll have about $650 to spend on my Jeep. I was wondering what yall thought about my options? I really don't have any major driveline vibes anymore since my springs have settled a bit but I can still notice it a little. I was thinking of getting the SYE to raise my T-case skid back to the stock position for better clearence. I got an e-mail from 4wheel parts showing me the deals they have on some winches along with a $50 gift card and I started to droul. So, the question is should I get the SYE or a winch with some cam bolts to try to take care of my minor vibes? What would yall do in my position? Here is the link for the specials: http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/index.asp

What do yall think of MileMarker winches also? Would the Warn M8000 be better?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
I would fix vibes/service related problems before adding a winch. Vibes cause seals to leak and have even caused worse. Now is the time to upgrade your SYE and drive shaft. :)

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
hm.. I would buy it, cuz everyone else sells the roller for more than the hawase thingy.. so that is a good deal.. bust be a mis-print..LOL don't forget the mounting plate

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
A winch can't be that hard. I not to sure about pulling the T-case out and taking it apart. I did put my lift on myself so I do have some skills.
wow. Stack up another one to a SYE is easy then. You just need some instructions. If I can do it you can do it. ;)

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
I have only run one form of SYE. I went that route because of all the other people I know that run them with absolutely no problems. I have the Advanced Adapters setup in mine. I also went with High Angle Driveline because I feel Jessi has a superior product in this market. In a short drive line jeep I would have a hard time passing up the super shorty from JB Conversions. Any extra length you can add to your drive shaft is a positive.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
You can try Dirk at dpgoffroad.com. He carries all products from AA and can get you any drive shaft you are interested in.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
I don't really know what kind of drive shat to get and I don't want to get a bad setup.
Dirk will get you exactly what you need. I can only imagine how many jeeps he has setup the proper way. You can ask anyone about his reputation. He is good people. He's been in this business for 6 years and knows what is good and what is junk. Just tell him what you have and he will hook you up :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts