Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you pulled out your cable all the way and painted the first spool of line?
How many take new winch and unwind it and rewibd it with a load on it?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have not painted the cable. Yes it has been re spooled several times, all under tension. Why didnt you ask if we ever have used it? Yes, I pulled an old dodge pickup (tank) out of a sandy wet bog, pulled myself up a steep muddy incline in the dark and while raining
remember 'Newman' in jurassic park? . I didnt get eaten by a raptor however my daughter was less than thrilled because it took three full pulls to get me out. Thanks to Odessey for a whicked battery. Ive also winched a Rubicon out of the mud.

Go superwinch!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I did paint the end of the first cable red with Glyptal. I always take a new winch and completely unspool and check drum attachment when installed.

Just swapped over to Synthetic Line and spooled it on a load. I like the Synthetic allot better.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. If I ever get my forward camera working again I'll know when I'm at the end of mine.
if you are going to use it from your cab you would want to do more then the last wrap maybe do the last wrap and 1/2 then paint it red long enough ti see over you hood
that way when you see it you will still have at least one wrap with some safety

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
if you are going to use it from your cab you would want to do more then the last wrap maybe do the last wrap and 1/2 then paint it red long enough ti see over you hood
that way when you see it you will still have at least one wrap with some safety
Cheese and crackers! You can't pull with less than 4-5 full wraps on the spool... I think the OP means to paint the whole last layer... not last loop...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts