Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a low sitting winch plate that mounts to my OEM steel 10A Hardrock/anniversary bumper. I would like to mount a "Smittybilt Gen2 X2O 10,000 lb". Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
maximus3 is really hard to beat.

·
Registered
970 Posts
+1 to Maximus 3, I have it, it is beefy and installs pretty easily. Don't need to relocate vacuum pump for a smaller winch, like my VR10S and I think the X2O series as well. That said, I got mine with my 10A bumpers as a craigslist package, so I didn't do any comparison shopping for alternatives.

Reactions: SilverbulletJKU1775

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
License Plate + Winch

Looks like that's what I'm goin with! I can't find anywhere with negative views on this one. Follow up question: how do you attach a front license plate to it??? My state requires this.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I used a tuffy mount and just used the skid plate bolts to hold it on. Works great. folds up out of the way and if I am going to rock crawl takes a minute and just loosen two bolts to pull it off.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Try RUBITRUX.COM website. Those guys are awesome. You can get the Maximus-3 plate AND they have several bolt on license plate frames. I'm dropping that same exact set up this Friday.

·
Registered
728 Posts

That's cool how you kept the "winch delete plate" by cutting around the winch. I ain't deleting nothin' bitch, he said....:winner:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maximus-3 here too. I cut out the delete plate on mine as well! Also cut out the plastic frame cover behind the winch. Finishes it off nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Anyone ever regretted spending so much on a winch plate instead of just a few hundred more for a good aftermarket bumper?
I considered a new bumper altogether, but I just liked the stock bumper so much I wanted to keep it! I really like the OEM look and understated/hidden nature of the set up. That's just me.
Them plates are expensive thou...I think mine was $220 on a sale.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Maximus-3 here too. I cut out the delete plate on mine as well! Also cut out the plastic frame cover behind the winch. Finishes it off nicely.
That looks cool too. I did mine yesterday and working alone it took me about 5 hours. I considered cutting the plastic trim piece, but then I went with Rubitrux's Trim Plates (I think it was $50 or $60??). Looks really clean.
I gave up on cutting the winch delete plate. It was just THAT tight all around haha.
But I can certainly appreciate ppl's skills and ingenuity when it comes to this Jeep shit. :drinks:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Finally got a pic....after dark. Total douchy move, I know....
Still gotta pre-tension it, and likely retorque everything in a week or so, but it's all in. Super tight fit. Winch cover on its way :beerme:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I considered cutting the plastic trim piece...
Cutting the stock plastic piece is a real PITA, but it makes for a nicer install IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Cutting the stock plastic piece is a real PITA, but it makes for a nicer install IMO.
Bad Ass! Clean as hell! I'm happy with the Rubitrux Trim Plates, but ehhh...$60 and heavier too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The hardest time for me was sliding it in behind the winch and around the wiring. Not a lot of room there when the winch is taking up all the space.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The hardest time for me was sliding it in behind the winch and around the wiring. Not a lot of room there when the winch is taking up all the space.
I now have ZERO room/space between the winch and the bottom of the grille. I mean zero. I cant slide a neoprine cover for the winch by LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts