Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t remember ever seeing a thread about this, and search is turning up nothing. :banghead: What is the best way to route the power cables from a Warn M8000 (or any winch really) to the battery in a JKU? My thinking is that the underhood configuration was basically the same from 2007 thru 2011, so this question has been pondered before. What is the most common routing? I have room to drop the cables down the gap between the back of the bumper (Expedition One) and the bottom of the grill. Does anyone know of a write-up that covers this? Any photos of an install? Is any drilling necessary? Taking a quick look under the hood it looks like the heat barrier for the battery may be a problem. Any tips and hints would be appreciated.

Tom

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great video on youtube that shows the 9.5cti install start to finish. The wire rounting worked perfectly for me as shown in the video. It's as if the wires were cut to length for my Jeep. There was no excess slack, nor did I have to tug and pull.

Search "9.5 cti-s Winch Install" on youtube. You'll get "The NeWereJK" That's your hit.

delete link if it isn't allowed here.

Warn 9.5 cti-s Winch Install - Stock to Rock Episode 12 - "The NeWereJK" - YouTube

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I can see that removing the airbox will help. That video shows a '12 or '13, doesn't it? Mine's an '11, the battery orientation looks different.

:hide:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts