Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead: OK, a question for "Winch" owners!

It's a significant investment of $$$, to get a Modified Bumper and a good quality Winch :facepalm:

I fully realize that the 1st time you really need it, then the cost is worth it!

For those that have a winch, how many times have you really needed it:whistling:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went with a RR bumper and SuperWinch 10k winch. For the little bit I will use the winch it fits my needs and budget. I have used it twice ar Rausch and it has worked very well.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
my winch has only been on for a month, 2 weeks ago i went to visit my parents in maine,,,, long story short i went to pick out my hunting spot,, 12 miles from pavement,,,, yeah it paid for it self.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I built my own bumper, put on a Smittybilt winch mount for 170 delivered to my door; and a 12k mile marker winch for 600 delivered to my door. and I never need it until I need it..........but............when needed...........
You know the rest of the story, if you are going to go wheeling.......

Don
Are you going to pull them pistols, or just whistle Dixie

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had my 2008 for only about 2 weeks, and had to use mine. I went kinda cheap on the winch, but bought the RR bumper.

I now have that set-up on my 2011, just had the dealer swap it over.

I've used a winch many times over the years. I go hunting, and where I go, it's not possible to get a tow truck in to get you out. And most times, mine is the only vehicle there. I'm crazy enough to go....even when I shouldn't.

I have a cradle set-up for my 4X4 truck, with a front receiver hitch installed and permanently wired with a quick plug, both front and rear of th truck. You could do that if you wanted to, if you don't like the look of the winch out front. Of course, it won't do you any good having the winch, if it's at home in the garage....

Cheap insurance for peace of mind in the back country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts