Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help looking for a winch all suggestions, pros, and cons are appreciated. Looking at the smittybilt 8000 because they sell it as a package with the src bumper that I want. Anyone have one? I wouldn't use the winch daily just more for security of knowing that getting stuck is not an option. I would use it probably a few times a month mostly in mud.

Thanks Trevor

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im looking at getting the warn 8000 with synthetic rope, little pricier but no worry about rusting line. or the quadratec 9000lb is pretty close in price to the smittybilt and then getting synthetic line for it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem with synthetic line is that it has to be washed pretty much every time it is used and if your mudding when it's cold the synthetic can freeze then the winch is dead weight, and it's a little more expensive. I've never used it but these are cons that I've read about it. Not that the cable doesn't have cons. Just IMO.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It sounds as though you have your mind set on the src8000 already. It is a really good winch eapecially since they re-designed it a few years ago. You will be happy with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts