Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know there is a ton of posts about picking a winch but couldn't find one that was about engo and quadratec. Basically im wondering which one to buy im liking the price range of those two and have heard lots of good things about the engo and nothing bad about quadratecs

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
... and let the winch hating begin.... sorry man I don't know anything about either, some budget winches are pretty good, even good value. but your mistake was asking advise on here. everyone with a warn winch will now be posting about how crappy anything but a warn is. if your lucky 1/10 posts will be helpful to you.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I got smithy built 8000 lb winch and when my dumb ass under estimated the depth of water in a rut:facepalm: I was stuck with back wheels hardly making contact with the ground. The winch pulled me out with no problem. I could not justify spending the money for a warn

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
blcktj said:
The only problem with the smittbuilt is price.
you can get a basic smittybilt 8000 for 299. yea its a bit of money, but these guys say its good, and actually I haven't heard anything bad about them either. I plan to get one soon.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I run roughcountry's 9500lb winch and it runs 299. I love the wireless remote and haven't had an issue yet.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
i've got the Qtec 9000, like it alot, feature and feel are nice so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts