Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wind noise coming from my roof rack is bugging the nuts outta me! I'm taking the thing off tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Roof racks are known for that :9lame::p they're awesome on trail (if you're not busting through tons of trees) but on the daily driver they're awful.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Kempton said:
The wind noise coming from my roof rack is bugging the nuts outta me! I'm taking the thing off tomorrow.
You lookin to get rid of it? What kind is it? Pictures?
I've got hella wind-noise as it is, so I don't really care.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I hear it's a smittybilt rack. I barely use it. Its been used more as a brush guard than a rack

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kempton said:
From what I hear it's a smittybilt rack. I barely use it. Its been used more as a brush guard than a rack
I'm gonna keep it in the attic till I need it. Driving to work with it on sucks though. I didn't think it would have been that bad

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
speaking of wind noise everytime I start getting up to around 50+ mph my soft top sounds like the velcro is coming apart above my head, then comes the flapping on my speaker box on my roll bar haha MAN I LOVE MY JEEP! :punk:

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Wind noise comes with all Jeeps (except maybe GC etc.) even, to a certain extent, hardtops. It's the price of admission to the Jeep Club.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
03 RUBI said:
Wind noise comes with all Jeeps (except maybe GC etc.) even, to a certain extent, hardtops. It's the price of admission to the Jeep Club.
It's not the jeep. It's the rack combined with the hard top. Makes an offal noise goin down the road

1 - 12 of 12 Posts