Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new jeep owner 2013 Wrangler sport. I noticed some wind noise ( mostly at highway speeds). I think it is normal. How much wind noise is normal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how to explain it. No whistle or anything like that just a noise caused by the wind. Only really notice it at highway speeds

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is it a soft top? Is it enough wind noise at 55+ mph not to be able to hear your radio without blasting it? Sounds about right for a jeep!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it is a hardtop it is not that loud can hear the radio ok maybe I turn it up a couple notches

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well it is from the wind flowing over the vehicle. Jeeps are not the mos aerodynamic so they will have quite a lot of wind noise. A small car like a civic for example, I much more aero dynamic so the wind noise is minimal. But, it's hard to find a decent lift and tires for a civic

·
Registered
591 Posts
...A small car like a civic for example, I much more aero dynamic so the wind noise is minimal. But, it's hard to find a decent lift and tires for a civic
:rofl:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well it is from the wind flowing over the vehicle. Jeeps are not the mos aerodynamic so they will have quite a lot of wind noise. A small car like a civic for example, I much more aero dynamic so the wind noise is minimal. But, it's hard to find a decent lift and tires for a civic
No need for a lift, just take a sawzall to the fenders.:D

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
No need for a lift, just take a sawzall to the fenders.:D
:rofl: Nice.

I am a new jeep owner 2013 Wrangler sport. I noticed some wind noise ( mostly at highway speeds). I think it is normal. How much wind noise is normal?
You're gonna get wind noise with a Jeep. And clanks, clunks, and sometimes even squeaks.

I run an aftermarket soft top year round. What amazed me was the first time I ran with the top and doors back on after having gone a full summer without either...we're talking Cadillac quiet! :eek:

Okay, maybe not on a par with a Caddy. But it did seem really odd, not having to jack the radio all the way up to hear it, and be able to talk on the phone while on the freeway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my 2013 sahara and had terrible wind noise from the windshield, hard-top area. Seal is leaking bad. Its going to the dealership tomorrow to get fixed, for the 3rd time in 2 weeks lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts