Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '13 Jeep Wrangler and have not had much wind whistle in the past. Yet last time I had my top off, the foam piece in the upper passenger corner on the car blew off in the wind (it was loose). I have had INCREDIBLE amount of wind noise, and I had to drive across country..
I ordered this seal kit from Mopar: https://www.quadratec.com/products/11190_8024.htm

The foam piece I lost looks like the piece in the upper left hand side... But I didn't receive it. I asked them for it, and they sent me another kit.. but it was missing again.

Does anyone know where I can find that foam piece? It is connected to the Jeep, not the hard/soft top. I really need to fix this wind problem..

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Without seeing a pic of the area its hard to say exactly what you need... but given the link you show..

You are looking for open cell butyl backed foam. It comes in a bunch of different thicknesses. I have literally boxes of the stuff here at home from my time working in sealing.

Where are you located and what is your timeframe you need the piece in? If you were local I'd just have you drop by and I'd cut and fit a piece for you.

Take a pic of the piece on the opposite side and maybe I can cobble something up for you if I can find a similar piece on my jeep to base it on.

I'll dig into my foam samples and see what I have. Post a pic please...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts