Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it annoy anyone else that the window crank handle is in the exact wrong position when the window is rolled all the way up? My knee rests against the door on it an is irritating after about 15 minutes of driving. I guess I'll try to reposition the crank handle so its in another position when all the way up....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just picked up my 2013 today and as soon as I drove out of the lot I noticed it. Only thing I can say I wasn't super happy with.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Happens to me when it's down (TJ). I think it's suggesting in a passive-aggressive way that you should take the door off.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I'm figuring on moving mine, but I want to make sure I find a position where it doesn't bother me when the window is all the way up or all the way down. Its really pesky with a 6 speed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I change mine when it's softop/windows down then again when it's hardtop/windows up weather.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-76951-Window-Handle-Removal/dp/B000CO96VI/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1373063300&sr=1-5&keywords=window+tool

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
A window crank in 2013? Did they throw in a free dot matrix printer as well?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does it annoy anyone else that the window crank handle is in the exact wrong position when the window is rolled all the way up? My knee rests against the door on it an is irritating after about 15 minutes of driving. I guess I'll try to reposition the crank handle so its in another position when all the way up....

I have the same problem, not sure what to do about it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mine isn't in the way, but why couldn't you just take it off and turn it 180 degrees and put it back on?

I've never pulled the handle off but I bet it can go back on in more than one way.

I love hand crank windows.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I wish I had crank windows, but power locks. Manually unlocking a door gets old pretty fast, especially when you have passengers!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Just move it! Get the right tool to avoid high blood pressure though lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Had the same problem on my TJ.. Just moved the handle, ensure it out of the way with the window up and down ..

·
Registered
640 Posts
Much less likely and lot cheaper to fix.
In 20 years of vehicle ownership, my only window/crank failure was on my Dakota PU with hand cranked windows. It wasn't super expensive but it did involve replacing the window which smashed inside the door. I can't speak for cheaper, but in my (single sample, not statistically significant, your milage may vary) personal experience ONLY manual cranked windows break! :rofl:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts