Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have full doors on my 03 and the gasket at the top of the passenger door doesn't touch either my hardtop or the soft top surrounds. It is apparently bent outward. The door itself is flush with the body up to the point of the window frame.

Before I go trying to bend it inwards with a ratchet strap or something is there another method?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
how far is it out? maybe post a pic. I know you can adjust the doors at the hinge, but if it is really bent that probably won't work for you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door itself is flush up to the point that the window frame starts. So any hinge work won't fix this. I need to move the top of the window frame in at least a 1/4". Right now there's an 1/8" gap between the gasket and the body of the jeep.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The door itself is flush up to the point that the window frame starts. So any hinge work won't fix this. I need to move the top of the window frame in at least a 1/4". Right now there's an 1/8" gap between the gasket and the body of the jeep.
If you are going to try to pull it you need to distribute the pull maybe a 2x4 and a strap on either end pulling at the same time. The issue is your cage might get in the way. Because pulling it flush may not be enough to hold it where it needs to be. You might consider removing that portion of the cage. It will be trial and error for sure. Worst case toy bend it too badly that you need a new door

1 - 5 of 5 Posts