Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any advantage to putting the window down or is that just a bogus feature that is more work then pleasure. I wanted to give it a try but I don't want to waist my time if its not worth it. Also Iam not gonna do it if its more of an annoynce then i feature.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You may want to check your local laws as well. Here in PA it is illegal to drive with the windshield down. I am assuming that's what you meant.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think he is talking about the windshield. I put my down when I was on the island and I had a blast like that. There really is no need for it, and if you are going to be doing any serious offroading and don't have an aftermarket cage, then you will want to keep it up, as dropping it will pretty much render the front part of your factory roll bars useless.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is why some guys put there windsheild down so they don't have to buy a new one when they roll it

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think Jeeps with roll cages look goofy with the windshield down. Now and MB or CJ2 with the windshield down looks freakin awesome. Also think about how fast you wil be driving. Anything above 35 will be annoying with it down.
Up on the island I was going about 50 with the windshield down... i had bug splatter on my glasses, it was awesome!

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
yeah if you go over thirty it is recommended that you wear shatterproof sunglasses

taking the windshield down is kinda of annoying for on road driving, but makes the off road experience so much better, it makes it like you are just out there, you can see better, and everything just seem smore real, rather than looking through glass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts