Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past time I went off roading I believe some mud or sand got wedged between my window on the driver's side window and is now scratching the window every time I move the window up and down. What can I do to get rid of the sand or mud? It appears to be smashed into the soft black stuff that seals the bottom of the window where it retracts into the door? Also is there anything I can put on the window to remove or clear up the scratches? Thanks!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
blow it out with an air compresser... then wash it with a good water hose... wouldnt powerwash it tho might mess up the seal

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Normal SOP for wheeling for me is to swing by a coin op car wash and spray off all the lights and glass (so I don't get ticketed), the seals (so the windows don't grind), and the door handles (so when I go to work on monday I don't grab a handful of mud and mess up my uniform). sprayed the seals many a time with no issues yet :) If you rain-x all the windows it's a lot easier to de-mud em.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I washed it today and it is still scratching even after pointing the jet directly at the seal and basically blasting it with water.

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
Get a cheap plastic paint scraper and, with the window up, run it slowly between the glass and rubber seal. Keep it angled downward and it will force the sand to fall inside the door.

Down the road, you might have to open up the door panel and clean the krud out.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I washed it today and it is still scratching even after pointing the jet directly at the seal and basically blasting it with water.
rolled em down with mud on em?

get one of those little pointy attachments for your garden hose, roll the windows all the way down, unplug the door, and spray into the seal a bit and let the door dry standing upright.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Anyone got any tricks about the scratches?? Like getting them out?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rolled em down with mud on em?

get one of those little pointy attachments for your garden hose, roll the windows all the way down, unplug the door, and spray into the seal a bit and let the door dry standing upright.
I live in an apartment complex and can't quite leave the door open to dry over night. Not until summer and the doors come off at least!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts