Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Can you darken the windows on a soft top, and how if you can?
U can't tint soft top windows thrust me, been there done everything, the thing that worked ok was night Shades spray, but with the time u will get annoyed of the fake horrible shade tint lol had. To buy new clear windows for 60 bucks, and I don't think 300 bucks just for the tinted windows is a good deal, so If I'm u safe around 600 bucks and buy the NX top with tinted windows

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would also check craigslist for people selling their tops with tinted windows.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
To the OP... I have a 4dr 1/2 door with a soft top. I have every window tinted except the drivers window and passenger window. Jeep did a special run (or at least that's what I was told) for tinted half doors. As for the two rear quarter windows and back window - Bestop is your answer, as others mention above.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
When you get a car that comes factory with tinted windows (or in this case, a top thats factory with tinted windows), the tint is made into the glass (or plastic crap). Its actually *in* the glass, not on the glass.

any method you would do to put tint on soft windows, is going to come off and look like crap. :)

even professional tint on glass windows is fairly fragile, sad to say. it's not like the factory because its on the glass and not in it.

Just abuse the hell out of your clear windows and when theyre junk put the tinted ones in. Thats my suggestion. they'll take a lot more abuse than it seems sometimes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I figured it out!

I found the solution that actually works! Check out my post about tinting soft windows. I'll try to get pics the next sunny day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts