Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Black 4 door Sahara.The back and hard top windows are already tinted and I was thinking about tinting the front two windows. I was wondering what the factory window % is on the back windows. If anyone can recommend a tint % or post pictures to see what the different shades look like it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
486 Posts
I also have a black 4 door sahara and I'm getting my front done as well. The guys at my local shop said 35% would match close to the back.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got mine done a few weeks ago. I'd say 35% is pretty dead on. I did 5% on all the rears, and 50% on the front. I'll wash it this weekend and post pics up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here is what it will look like with 35% on the front and 5-15% on the back
Jeep with top.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
keep in mind there's two ways referring to tint... some people consider it as the amount of light let in (ie 5% limo tint) or amount of light not let in... (ie 95% limo tint).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Se7endust1 said:
keep in mind there's two ways referring to tint... some people consider it as the amount of light let in (ie 5% limo tint) or amount of light not let in... (ie 95% limo tint).
I have never heard anyone refer to it in reference to blocked light before...where have you encountered that?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have never heard anyone refer to it in reference to blocked light before...where have you encountered that?
Our wonderful highway patrol in ND. I dunno if he was a rookie or what but I wasn't about to correct him on the terminology. Figured there were others out there that used the same logic. :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
My state is 50% up front, but I've done 30-35% in all my vehicles. Most cops won't give you a hard time at that level of tint. I see plenty of other vehicles on the road with even 20.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Im in jersey and i have 35% on the doors i have a two door dmv will fail you but thers a garage in robbisnville that passed my old truck with 35 and he told me it was legal he had a chart in his shop " treats garage " on 130

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just check your local laws before you do it. I believe matching the back windows up front is to dark in most states though.

·
Registered
991 Posts
getting my tinted tomorrow. likely going with 20% for front.. should match back windows..

will post picks after installed / in daylight you can still see in with 20% and Indiana as long as its not 5% limo tint you are safe..

·
Registered
142 Posts
I washed it yesterday and here are some pics... 5% on rears, 50% on front, 5% windshield tint strip. 50% is the legal limit on the fronts here in north dakota... as you can see it's not all that dark, but puts a nice glare on things.

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
I had the "eyebrow" put on my windshield when I had the rest of the windows done. I liked it but the bottom of it hit me at eye level which was a distraction. I trimmed it in half. Windows look good bud!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Windows tinted today -

Hi, just got my windows tinted today.. .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts