Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

First post, YEAH!!!! Absolutely loving my first Jeep. Ive got a '98 TJ SE and it's pretty much all factory still, a clean slate! :dance:

The little metal part at the end of the zipper on my back window is gone, and the zipper is pulling apart (see pic). Any of you know of any way to fix this myself? Is there somewhere to just buy that little metal part and crimp it on so I can re-zip it? Any help is appreciated. I'll be returning often.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
on the subject, the teeth on my back window are coming apart. and it wont zip down the pass side. the rain is about to start here and was wondering how i could fix it?

·
Registered
876 Posts
You need to check at a local craft supply place... Michael's or Jo-Ann Fabrics... for the parts you are looking for. They are called a Zipper Retaining Box and the Box Pin. You should be able to crimp them in place with a standard pair of pliers once you find them.

I had to do a lot of research when I was trying to repair a zipper on a Bomber Jacket :D

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Burt's beeswax lip balm works well on lubricating the teeth. As far as the actual zipper slider replacement, you can buy it very cheap in bulk or individually on amazon. It's zipper slider #10(size) :

JEEP SLIDER # 10 COIL YKK BLACK

·
Registered
157 Posts
Take this pic into your local sewing/fabric store and ask them. They are the experts with all things "zippers". They'll either tell you how to do it yourself or if it needs a more professional touch.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! Ill check the fabric store this weekend.

And just fyi, i have veen using soft top cleaner and protector, but i bought this jeep used a couple months ago, so any damage was not by me. Its actually in really great shape except for a few minor things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You need to check at a local craft supply place... Michael's or Jo-Ann Fabrics... for the parts you are looking for. They are called a Zipper Retaining Box and the Box Pin. You should be able to crimp them in place with a standard pair of pliers once you find them.

^^^^This.

I have done this in the past for a few friends. Not hard at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts