Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Orlando for Christmas.. Going to be on the hwy quit a bit, and with the highs being in the 70's... I tought it would be nice to peel the windows off my soft top w half doors...
Just wanted to make sure I dont need to take any precautions if I intend to be running 65+ with the windows off.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
WakeSnowSurf850 said:
Heading down to Orlando for Christmas.. Going to be on the hwy quit a bit, and with the highs being in the 70's... I tought it would be nice to peel the windows off my soft top w half doors...
Just wanted to make sure I dont need to take any precautions if I intend to be running 65+ with the windows off.
Thanks!
Make sure the back windows out.. parachute...

·
Registered
1990 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L
378 Posts
Be prepared to not be able to hear very well for an hour or so once you arrive to your destination.....other than that have fun!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Get some straps to go around the rear softtop flaps so they dont parachute out and cause damage to your top i use it when I don't have my windows in

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
understand wanting to go no windows but have them in back/with you. It can get "cool" if the sun goes away it is similar to driving at night at 70* 's and sometimes that feels too cool. Hope it's sunny and 75-80 for your trip than it will be perfect! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, your just right up the road WaveBack!
Im down in Panama City Beach.
Actually, securing the rear corners is what provoked me to ask this question. I saw a tj on the interstate a few weeks back with his windows off and had his rear corners wrapped with bungees.

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Like remove it all the way instead of rolling it up?
ABSOLUTELY! Been there, done that. The constant movement of the window will cause abrasions on the plastic. Take it completely off.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I go doorless all the time in the summer. I love it on the highway, although being next to a pair of semis is a little scary...

·
Vendor
5,688 Posts
I use those foam earplugs if I go a long distance in a topless or doorless Jeep. You can still hear the radio, but it cuts down on wind roar in your ears. Same thing as when you take a trip on a motorcycle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts