Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking to tint my front doors windows. I would like to match the rear windows tints. Does anyone know what's the stock tints percentage is on the rear windows of the jeep wrangler unlimited 2013. I asked my dealer and they don't even know what it is. Thanks

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
20%

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Windshelds are large? The Wrangler has the smallest windshield of any car on the market. Or damn close.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
The answer is 20%.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
...for clarification...are you talking about the hard top windows? If you are yes, they are 20%.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I was told 31% by the nice officer who pulled me over and used his handy dandy tint meter. I drove away with a high five and a smile

·
Registered
503 Posts
I did 30% sides. It's close enough, and legal

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey thanks for the advice. Did 20% percent it matches the rear windows perfect and looks good as hell. Now time to install 35's and lift this bad boy

ForumRunner_20130713_070046.jpg

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
told ya :thumb: :punk:

·
Registered
831 Posts
It may vary state to state. When i had mine done, i was shown what was legal and what was not. I do know here in Florida they do use tint meters.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My front is 25 and the rear is 20 (stock). This is fine during the day. You can clearly see four people inside, no problem.

Loss of sunlight and certain angles will make the tint seem darker.

As long as the officer can see a figure inside, your good.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts