Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im replacing the hood on my girlfriends Tj and the old hood had two windshield washer jets. The new one only has one hole for a jet in the center. The hole is to large for one of the old jets. Is there a larger jet that goes on some of the Tj models?

·
Registered
2019 Wrangler JL 2.0
2 Posts
Wrangler JL (2.0 liter Petrol) RHD UK Car - Multiple failures of all 3 washer jets, very weak front washer pressure, gradually reducing and nothing in the rear window now either, vehicle under warranty bur dealers say the jets are all on back order. The pump is working fine but there seem to be flow restrictors and non return valves which stick. Anyone else have the same problem ?

·
Registered
2019 Wrangler JL 2.0
2 Posts
Just returned from the Jeep dealer (Sussex UK) who tells me that the front washer jets have failed again after 12 months, no, not blocked, just failed, and the rear washer fault lies within the "Harness" - which appears to be a water pipe and 12v feed to the rear window heat - and contains a valve which has failed shut. All parts appear to be long lead times, so again, if I drive in the rain and spray, I cannot see out ! Has anyone else experienced this on the new JL models..... Rubicon, Overland, Sahara are all the same washer system. Sure, it is a warranty claim and FOC, but driving without washers front and rear is a real pain!

·
Registered
940 Posts
In the UK if your front washer jets don't work your wipers are deemed defective, and you would actually be commiting an offence driving the vehicle.

Stick a note in the window stating it cannot be driven due to defective wipers and park it outside the local dealership.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Im replacing the hood on my girlfriends Tj and the old hood had two windshield washer jets. The new one only has one hole for a jet in the center. The hole is to large for one of the old jets. Is there a larger jet that goes on some of the Tj models?
Yes, one in the center.
Auto Zone carries these too, mine came in a kit with several to choose from.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
The original part is Mopar 55154938AA - obsoleted. The crown number 55154938 not in stock any where. Nothing on Amazon, nothing on ebay.

If you have a number or reference for AutoZone, OP might appreciate it. My '03 has the twin nozzles and they are in plentiful supply.

Is this the one you have. It comes up in a search on AutoZone without the vehicle info. Not sure if it would work or not.

As for comments on plugging or nozzles not working. When I took delivery of my '03 TJ in 2014, apparently the dealer put some washer fluid in that did not mix well with whatever was in there before and it had congealed lumps in it. Both my nozzles clogged. I emptied the reservoir and washed it out thoroughly and put in clear water. Then I disconnect the hoses from the nozzles and ran the washer until I go clear water. But the nozzles wee still clogged.

I lowered the output pressure on my air compressor to about 15 PSI if I remember it correctly and with the blow nozzle blew air through the nozzles and blew out the gunk. Then I hooked them back up and they worked just fine. I did replace them when I had the Jeep painted in 2018 as the originals were sun faded and looked bad. In fact I replaced all the hardware on top of the hood.

If the washer pump is working but you are not getting water out of the nozzles, then there has to be a blockage either in the hoses or the nozzles. It's really a simple system as long as the pump works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts