Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After off-roading today, I started getting wind noise coming in from the top of both A pillars where the top of the doors meet the windshield frame. In looking at the bolts at the top of the A pillars, they look like they have moved (see picture below). It is a bit hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the bolt was originally in one spot and then pushed over scratching the paint (you can see the ring where it seems the bolt was at some point). Does this look normal or does it look like something has shifted? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
After off-roading today, I started getting wind noise coming in from the top of both A pillars where the top of the doors meet the windshield frame. In looking at the bolts at the top of the A pillars, they look like they have moved (see picture below). It is a bit hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the bolt was originally in one spot and then pushed over scratching the paint (you can see the ring where it seems the bolt was at some point). Does this look normal or does it look like something has shifted? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
How hard were you off roading? Did you twist your frame? Anything else not lining up?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in sand some dunes and took a good bump to the underside front end dropping off an unexpected short but steep section (there was a pretty healthy thump and the air dam got pushed back). I am having alignment checked tomorrow but it seems to drive fine - drove freeway speeds on the way home without a problem (except for the new wind noise).

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My guess is what you're seeing there is from the factory when they did their adjustments as far as the wind noise who knows you'll just have to look around and track it down.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
If a door seal has come out of the track you can get wind noise. Since they're not glued in I would also check that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts