Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if windshield damage is covered under a standard warranty on the wrangler? I have a 2018 Sahara JK, and something (a rock?) hit it while driving on the 401 in Toronto....as if the 401 isn't bad enough to begin with :banghead:

The crack is near the upper right corner and the centre of it is probably the size of a quarter? Maybe a loonie...but then it has a few cracks webbing around it. I think it's too big to have repaired.

My lease isn't up until March 2020, so I have a long way to go and anticipate a lot more cracks and chips in over the next 2ish year and 8 months. I have a strong feeling insurance route may be a dead end, my deductible is $500 if that helps.

Should I ask my dealership what my options are? Would the replacement windshield have to be OEM? Will the little Jeep be on it :eek:

Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Dealer will not cover. Check your insurance as a lot have a much lower deductible for glass replacement.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NOT a warranty issue. No different than denting the fender. Insurance claim time.
Not sure how auto insurance works in Canada, but here in Massachusetts, glass is a ZERO deductible item.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts