Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it snowed last night and temp was 22F. I was enjoying my drive to the gym and it hailed a little and BOOOM this appeared on my windshield!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is because you had a stone chip on the boarder of the windshield. Its not obvious since wont see it from inside the cab. I had this happen to me 3 months after getting my jeep.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Rubi, I would leave it until it makes it's way into your view while driving. That crack will not fail inspection in Texas.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rubi, I would leave it until it makes it's way into your view while driving. That crack will not fail inspection in Texas.
Yeah it isn't too bad. Just found out this is going to come out of my pocket. I guess Geico won't cover it. I remember when I had FL coverage it was free to replace a windshield I guess not in Texas.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Yeah it isn't too bad. Just found out this is going to come out of my pocket. I guess Geico won't cover it. I remember when I had FL coverage it was free to replace a windshield I guess not in Texas.
Be glad Wrangler windshields are pretty cheap.

I too am jealous of FL peeps...when my Elise needed a new windshield I found out my insurance would pay after my 500.00 deductible. So they paid over 700.00. They didn't believe me for a few days, but they finally accepted that I wasn't full of poo. (I had to drive to Austin to get it replaced.)

TJ windshield was less than 150.00 IIRC

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was reading thru some of the threads about windshield. I was wondering if I can take it to Jeep dealership and be covered under warranty?? I mean there is no visible rock chips on the windshield. One guy had a valid argument about it being covered hmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts