Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my 95 wrangler whoever installed the windshield did a shit job, as in the put the glass in backwards. I’m finally getting to taking it out today and of course because it wasn’t sealed it’s leaked and now rusted. And I’m sure there was a hole here any way as there was a fair amount of bindi. Is this salvageable or shall I just get a new frame?
I can weld decent but not sure if it’s worth the effort.
If replacing is better where are you guys getting frames and glass from? There are so many options I’m not sure who/ where to trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Upon further digging the whole bottom of the frame full of holes. Gonna just replace it. My question then is what’s the best place for a frame/ frame windshield combo?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Dead Jeeps, Davey's Jeep, Local boneyard

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I got the windshield yesterday and of course it started raining as I was getting done with work so today was the day just wrapped up with the install. Super excited to have my Jeep back. Windshield looks great. I’d highly recommend jeepglass.com for $500 shipped to my door can’t complain.

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
You did the right thing by replacing your windshield frame. Once they're that bad, it's a loosing battle to make a permanent repair.
Now, unless the frame is powdercoated, I'd get some paint on it. At least on the outside.
Even electrostatically applied primer won't hold out the weather.

I'd scuff it with a red Scotchbrite pad until any gloss is totally gone and use whatever paint process is easiest for you.
Big Box lumber yards usually have a fair selection of spray can colors or you can simply paint it black, but without paint, it'll start rusting.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Nosferatu49534
1 - 8 of 8 Posts