Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched everything I can to find this answer, and I am still stumped.

As everyone is aware, the torn bolts on the hinges around the windshield are a terror to some people. I did as most do and ended up stripping them. I then drilled the heads off, then heated the bolts with a small torch and drilled through to use an EZ out.

MY problem arose when the bracket inside the windshield that holds the bolts looks to have broken off and fallen.

I can't get to it at all, what is the best way to go about fixing this? Is there anyway to get to that piece?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Tape a little magnet on a coat hanger get it then JB weld it. Or remove windshield frame. Cut a hole in bottom corner if there ain't one and manually bolt hinge to it removed then put it back on and bolt the rest up. Never did it just what I would try. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
If the picture is correct, I see the bolt holes. Yes the brackest in the frame can come loose. If those are the threaded holes in the picture, just move it with a screwdriver and start the bolts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the picture is correct, I see the bolt holes. Yes the brackest in the frame can come loose. If those are the threaded holes in the picture, just move it with a screwdriver and start the bolts.
The problem is that the old, stopped and drilled screws (whats left of them) are still in that bracket. So i will try the magnet option to get it to a point where it is accessible, but Im not sure how to hold that bracket still while I am trying to extract the old fasteners.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm having the same problem no threads in the holes only got about 2 holes that are like that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts