Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbe. I like the lights on my '11 Sport "S" :)but I keep thinking of adding a set of Windshield light mounts and lights.

? How difficult is the wiring? I'm an electrical "num-nuts" :surrender:and my dog does better wiring. honest. How difficult is the hook up and do you like the lights mounted at the windshield posts? Never considered lights at this location but.....:whistling:

Thanks. Jim.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If you buy a decent kit like piaa or kc the lights are pre wired .mostly pulg and play only real wireing is to the battery and its pretty easy .i personally like piaa but thats me .i have a set of 540's on the windshield and a set of 520's on the bumper .i used the delta brackets fir the windsheild mount ,little high but there great quality and there aluminum no rusting .theres ton of choices good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also used the delta mounts. Went with Warn wireless controller lights. No wires to run through the firewall. Simple install, just running to battery. They make larger ones but I liked the 3.5" for the high mount

Attachments

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Vjeept thats a nice looking hood .and didnt know that the brackets came in black .have to get those for the wifes jeep her is the mango tango color that would look better with black .i installed those warn lights on my sisters jeep .nice product just have to think ahead when wireing the harness can be a little short if you dont lay it out first .almost didnt reach the connections ( my fault) lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Newbe. I like the lights on my '11 Sport "S" :)but I keep thinking of adding a set of Windshield light mounts and lights.

? How difficult is the wiring? I'm an electrical "num-nuts" :surrender:and my dog does better wiring. honest. How difficult is the hook up and do you like the lights mounted at the windshield posts? Never considered lights at this location but.....:whistling:

Thanks. Jim.
KC HiLites.....Vote #2!!!!

Rock on.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Heh Heh, thanx Ken, that pics about 15 minutes from my place in Nevada-

Man :drool: looks so peaceful where you are. I envy you :)
I deal with a**hole city folks and have very limited ares to explore unless I plan a trip and drive to someplace like Rausch Creek :(
It's about 4500 ft and within 5 miles goes up to 5500 ft, if I want the Sierras-thats 1 hr away-it's really an ideal spot for a place to keep the jeep-

Ciao

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts