Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy smokes my head is spinning!! So I first thought I wanted the Piaa 525 series lamps but recently I've become very fond of the square style led lamps. I've been reading so much about different patterns and what not I now don't even know what the heck is going on.
Does anyone have suggestions or can tell me what they did for the led squares in terms of light patterns. I wanted to get the brackets to get two per side.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If mounting on the a-post, spots will be better than floods. Will still get some hood glare but not as much as flood patterns. I have a pair of Rigid dually's with the spot pattern on mine. Amazing amount of light. It has a little glare but I also haven't had time in the evening to go out somewhere and properly orient them. With most LED's you wont need 2 pairs unless that is what you really want.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Spots on the A pillar. Driving or floods on your bumper. I like the old school look too but these LED's are nice... I still think the Halogen put out a nicer light....

·
Registered
22 Posts
image-942891031.jpg Extreme mount from Amazon with Rough Country single row 50" led bar and 2x4" 6 cree LED pods. These worked great for me. Amazing light output for the amount of space(weight) and power consumption! Just wire it correct. Also went with the rigid dually's in the fogs. Currently brighter then my Kc hilites headlights .

·
Registered
482 Posts
Does getting the driving lamp pattern and spot make sense?
That's what I'm running. Pair of D2's/driving pattern on the bumper and a pair of D2 hyperspots on the a-pillar. I get a little glare off the hood but I'm happy with the distance I get with the hyperspots, very happy with the D2's on the bumper. Still need to upgrade the headlights, that's next. I live in MT so this set up works for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
View attachment 2000817 Extreme mount from Amazon with Rough Country single row 50" led bar and 2x4" 6 cree LED pods. These worked great for me. Amazing light output for the amount of space(weight) and power consumption! Just wire it correct. Also went with the rigid dually's in the fogs. Currently brighter then my Kc hilites headlights .
i have the same setup as you looks like we have the same windshield lights i have the dual row led light bar and my windshield lights are flood lights and i have them turned to the sides facing the sides of the road so i will be able to see deer or anything else that might be on the side of the road

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts