Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the trick?! I had a spot on my upper windshield frame that was bare metal so I pulled the seal out to expose the spot better so I could primer it. Big mistake! There is no way to get that seal back in and the more I try the more it pulls out. Does the windshield get installed with the seal in place?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I use to use a piece of string in the channel as somebody pushes from the outside. Use some soapy water. I’m sure there is a YouTube video on it? ...never mind, I saw you are talking about the metal trim. Leave it out

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Super Moderator
12,951 Posts
The seal is cosmetic. Pull it all out and don't worry about it.
You can have the glass company put a new one in the next time you have your windshield replaced.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, I pulled it out. Saw a vid and see that it is on the windshield when it gets installed. Bummer. Looks like crap without it now. I may be able to trim the lip off and place it in the groove. We’ll see. I’m in NM so it probably won’t be long before it needs a new windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts