Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so 3 weeks after getting my brand new jeep I got a stone chip which immediately turned into a crack!

I went to the dealership and they said $390 for aftermarket ppg glass and $680 for the OEM. the major difference seems like the OEM has the emblem of the jeep in the corner and the grill on the top.

I really want to keep it to oem, does anyone know anywhere else that can do it for cheaper? I know the dealership is just hiring a 3rd party place to do it. GTA please!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely check through your car insurance. They should replace it with a small deductible. Doesn't hurt to try. At least your windshield lasted 3 weeks :) i had a knick my 1st week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already contacted my car insurance. they told me to look else where because my deductible is higher than the price to replace a windshield. I guess it's pretty common for wranglers to get windshield damage considering how upright they are

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I carry windshield replacement coverage for a couple of bucks a month I believe. I got a chip in the middle of May - having someone come out on Monday to replace it as it cracked vertical and horizontal sitting in my driveway.

I am going to get an OEM replacement windshield with no deductible as it is a separate line item on my policy through State Farm.

For future you might want to look at what it would cost you to get windshield replacement insurance. If the cost wasn't reasonable I wouldn't have it I just don't remember exactly how much I am paying additionally per month for it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to pay up and definitely call up my insurance company for additional glass coverage. For the curious minds, I will let you guys know how much an OEM install would cost in the GTA

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone is interested, National Auto Glass in North York replaced my windshield on my driveway for $350. It was the Mopar windshield with all the emblems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts