Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a crazy quote from Safelite....$385 generic, $575 Mopar. Based on previous vehicles, some of which had things like antennas in the windshield, defroster elements, etc, that seems really high for such a simple windshield.

I guess I'm looking for something between Safelite, and one of the random flyers that gets stuck under my wiper blades. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Here in Canada... my local shop just replaced mine for CDN$400 for OEM Mopar... taxes and installation all included. That's about US$260.

For non-OEM it was CDN$225... (US$150).

He is an independent shop and doesn't get any special deals from his supplier like a franchise would... but, he also doesn't have to follow franchise pricing guidelines...

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
A discount windshield shop on Clairmont Mesa Blvd has replaced mine twice, good quality for under $150 though it has been a few years. (858) 576-4300 Hopefully they're still there. Between 163 and 805.

·
Registered
623 Posts
+1 for windshield insurance

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 for windshield insurance
Do you have a separate glass rider on your insurance? USAA just goes by your comprehensive deductible. Not worth using insurance in this case.

If it was a chip, they would cover it for free, but this is a 9-inch long crack from the top of the windshield...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Paid $246.50 for new windshield and rubber gasket installed in my driveway back in Feb Glass America in East TN.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Do you have a separate glass rider on your insurance? USAA just goes by your comprehensive deductible. Not worth using insurance in this case.

If it was a chip, they would cover it for free, but this is a 9-inch long crack from the top of the windshield...
Did you call that phone number I gave you above?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts

For reference, I have USAA and added glass coverage for about $6.00 a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts