Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good windshield whipers that very one uses? Mine are getting very bad and would like one that lasts and will clear any and everything off the windshield

·
Registered
798 Posts
I slapped on some Bosch wipers and they are worth every penny. Mud, snow, rain don't stand a chance. And no streaking. It makes a good solid contact on glass.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Bosch Icon wiper blades. It's how storm chasers clear the way.

·
BBQTIME
174 Posts
I bought silblades for Christmas last year and threw them out in February because they were streaking and stopped flexing. Replaced those with Bosch Icon which worked great for 7-8 months.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rainex Collects Dust

I use Rainex on my street/hiway cars but not on the Jeep. Rainex attracts and holds dust and is real pain on the trail.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't whip my windshield as it tends to break easier. lol
I bought silblades for Christmas last year and threw them out in February because they were streaking and stopped flexing. Replaced those with Bosch Icon which worked great for 7-8 months.
Interesting, I had planned on giving the silicone blades a try.
I use Rainex on my street/hiway cars but not on the Jeep. Rainex attracts and holds dust and is real pain on the trail.
They're referring to RainX wiper blades. Have you tried AquaPel? I use it, & so far so good, it last ~6 months.
Rain Repellent Glass Treatment - Aquapel Glass Treatment

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think you're talking about applying the Rain-X liquid to the windshield but they also make a very good windshield wiper. I've had the set on my TJ for over a year and they still wipe like new with no streaks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
:wavey:

So it's one Bosch and one Rain-X.
That might be an interesting proposition!

I've used both, favor the Bosch slightly. They seem to have better contact with the windshield/less streaking, I think they were about $2 cheaper.

Both streak a little as they get older. (no pun intended).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I bought some Bosch in July and they're already streaking. They were one step below the most expensive, so I'm not sure if the higher end are better. I used to get PIAA wipers for cost at my work and they were fabulous...for about a year.

S

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I put Silblades on my LJ, and RainX on my wife's car (what she wanted).

The RainX were better than the Silblades.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts