Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone elce hate the stupid wiper placement on the yjs as much as me? Is there anyway to get the wipers so there not smack dab in the middle of my windshield? ! Any ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
HAHA bump

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was looking on ebay at random things and found a kit that makes them lay flat. Have a look on there, they were called " Wipeboy Basic Wiper Upgrade for Jeep"

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was looking on ebay at random things and found a kit that makes them lay flat. Have a look on there, they were called " Wipeboy Basic Wiper Upgrade for Jeep"
those look really neat...just what ive been looking for. thx!

although for $70 they are going to the bottom of a long list of mods lol

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gord said:
At least there's something! I wonder if the ones off a tj would fit... ill have to try that. Also Im gonna look om ebay for thoes upgrades

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
call me crazy if you will,,but i really like how the wiper,s lay on the windshield,,,as much as i love my square headlights..

·
Registered
192 Posts
call me crazy if you will,,but i really like how the wiper,s lay on the windshield,,,as much as i love my square headlights..
exactly, me to but my question is is there any way i can get a different wiper motor so i have more speed controls then 2 cause my hi and lo speed are no different and they dont get rid of water haha

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Was at a stoplight looking at TJ and noticed they have different wiper arms and they set at the bottom of the windshield when not in use. Maybe an upgrade I haven't looked at any parts yet but look around and check it out not at all like the YJ.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Check it out at the bottom of the windshield what is so different???

Attachments

431 Posts
I think my YJ would not look like a YJ anymore if I changed it that's why I still love my tails light only gonna switch the housing to LED , stupid circle lights don't look good to me plus u gotta buy the back half fender to made for newer fancy jeeps not for old trusty jeeps

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keeter6227 said:
I think my YJ would not look like a YJ anymore if I changed it that's why I still love my tails light only gonna switch the housing to LED , stupid circle lights don't look good to me plus u gotta buy the back half fender to made for newer fancy jeeps not for old trusty jeeps
Go square head lights! Im proud to be square!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Nice thing about the stock wipers on a YJ is that in the winter, they don't get iced to the bottom of the windshield when there is a lot of snow & ice packed under the blades...hated that in my wife's TJ, and now her JK...never have that in my YJ's or when I had my CJ...YJ and CJs have the same style set-up...good jeep heritage in my opinion...haha!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Nice thing about the stock wipers on a YJ is that in the winter, they don't get iced to the bottom of the windshield when there is a lot of snow & ice packed under the blades...hated that in my wife's TJ, and now her JK...never have that in my YJ's or when I had my CJ...YJ and CJs have the same style set-up...good jeep heritage in my opinion...haha!
I agree. It's great in the icy weather

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tarby said:
Never thought about it that way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
raycer said:
I agree. It's great in the icy weather
Its posts like this that make me glad to live in Florida. :-D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts