Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all new guys (like myself) here at the forum :
Bad weather is approaching Chicago land area, where I live, and I decided to get me some decent wipers.
First I did some research, on size and brand.
I have 2013 JKUR, and I found that 16 inch will fit perfect.
Secondly I looked for recommended brands. Most people are using either Bosch (Icon) or RainX (Latitude).
Looking at the reviews of Bosch, I noticed that some guys where bitching on second part of their life. Apparently, they worked good only when brand new.
Looking at the reviews of RainX, people where happy with them.
My next step was to find RainX Latitude cheap.
Found a deal with Pep Boys ($ 8 store discount and $ 8 mail in rebate if you buy two). They also have some old deal at Pep Boys which expires on November 3rd ($ 12 mail in rebate).
Hope this info can help some of my fellow Jeepers ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I was just thinking about buying new wipers this morning. No pep boys around me though. :(
Still, I appreciate the post.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I was just thinking about buying new wipers this morning. No pep boys around me though. :(
Still, I appreciate the post.
Sorry about that.
But look at the bright side :
at least you know what size and brand to look for. :thumb:
My understanding is that RainX is available everywhere.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've always bought Rain-X 13" but don't know if they were latitudes. If not they are still the best wipers i've used and last a long time. The set I have now I bought over a year ago and they still wipe perfectly. No streaks.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Why buy new ones on a 2013? My '12 blades are fine, just jeep them clean. 8,000 miles not a problem.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why buy new ones on a 2013? My '12 blades are fine, just jeep them clean. 8,000 miles not a problem.
First, I yet have to see OEM wipers that don't suck. They usually last month or so.
Secondly, I always buy longer than OEM. They cover more surface.
For example. My original wipers where 14.5 long. I bought 16 inch, and it makes (visible, hahahahaha) difference.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
First, I yet have to see OEM wipers that don't suck. They usually last month or so.
Secondly, I always buy longer than OEM. They cover more surface.
For example. My original wipers where 14.5 long. I bought 16 inch, and it makes (visible, hahahahaha) difference.

I'm with him. I'm at 11,000 miles and my wipers are fine. And I don't put up with wipers that smear or don't work.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I'm with him. I'm at 11,000 miles and my wipers are fine. And I don't put up with wipers that smear or don't work.
Same. I at least wait till there is nothing wrong - then replace :hide:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys, it's only wipers. I didn't replace new engine.
Anyhow, winter is around the corner in Chicago, and there is nothing worst than lousy wipers during winter.
Now I have these OEM's as spare, and I know the new ones should do the job.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Guys, it's only wipers. I didn't replace new engine.
Anyhow, winter is around the corner in Chicago, and there is nothing worst than lousy wipers during winter.
Now I have these OEM's as spare, and I know the new ones should do the job.
Not sure what part of Chicago Land you're from (most people would call it Chicagoland, but that's really splitting hairs). But if you've got a Meijer near by, they usually carry the Latitudes. I haven't replaced mine yet (13 JKUS), but always like to have some onhand as well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well, I have found that as important as wipers are, and the many different brands I have tried, they all seem pretty much the same. What I have found, that has made a huge difference, are heated wipers/blades. They really help keep the rubbers from freezing to the windshield, which has often left me with a torn wiper blade when I need it most. I know most people are reluctant to spend that much money on wipers, but to me it was well worth it. I remove them in the spring and use standard wipers for the wet seasons, but when the snow flies, they go back on in a hurry. The ones I have are EverBlades. I'm sure that others probably make them as well.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Bosch Icon for the win. It's how storm chasers clear the way.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts